Have you wanted to try the minimal pairs approach, but you have no idea where to start? Was the approach only briefly covered at University and now you’re confused or constantly thinking, “Am I even doing this therapy right …?”.
Stop second-guessing yourself and wasting time in therapy. Learn how to implement minimal pairs with the evidence and answers to back up your decisions.
The Minimal Pairs Handbook, authored by experienced speech-language pathologist Rebecca Reinking, serves as a comprehensive guide that you can read today and confidently implement tomorrow . Basically, it’s the reference material we wish we would have had when we graduated! We use SLP-friendly explanations to break down the approach in a simple, easy-to-understand way so that you can comfortably implement the minimal pairs approach with your students.
DOWNLOAD THIS RESOURCE IF YOU WANT:
➊–Evidence-based information and steps written in a digestible way
❷–Flowcharts, pictures, transcripts and charts to help you make sense of the approach
❸–Video tutorials so that you can listen, learn and actually see a therapy session
❹–Support in terms of frequently asked questions, options for therapy activities and problem solving generalization
⭐WATCH A COMPREHENSIVE FIVE MINUTE VIDEO PREVIEW OF THE MINIMAL PAIRS HANDBOOK⭐
The Minimal Pairs Handbook (digital version) contains the following chapters:
1. Understanding minimal pairs: Helping you to understand the principles of minimal pairs therapy and determine who is suitable for this approach.
2. Planning minimal pairs therapy: Comprehensive research review to help you learn how to start individualizing and planning minimal pairs therapy for your students
3. Implementing minimal pairs therapy: Step-by-step flowcharts and guides for every level of the meaningful minimal pairs and perception-production approach so you feel confident delivering the intervention in your session.
4. Activities for minimal pairs therapy: Expand your therapy repertoire with simple, engaging therapy ideas using minimal pairs.
5. Taking data and generalization: Track whether your students are making progress and problem-solve when they aren’t with editable data forms and evidence-based decision guides.
6. Minimal pair word lists: Quick-reference word lists to use for minimal pairs therapy
7. Video Tutorials: Watch a 25-minute minimal pairs therapy session, listen to step-by-step explanations of both approaches, and learn how to choose training words.
This comprehensive resource has been structured to help guide you through using the minimal pairs confidently, correctly, and with fidelity.
DIGITAL FILE CONTENTS:
✅ – 121 pages: This digital file contains a zip with a color and black & white version. If you want a “physical” copy, many SLPs print and bind the handbook.
✅ – Evidence-based summaries: Easy to understand pages covering topics and questions such as “What is minimal pairs therapy?”, “What targets can you choose?”, “SLP feedback chart”, and “What to target first?” (newest update February 2024).
✅ – Navigation buttons: Easily navigate through the chapters and resources on your computer or electronic device
✅ – Video tutorials: Watch and listen to the steps in minimal pairs therapy (18 minutes), see an example therapy session (25 minutes), and learn how to choose the minimal pair words (10 minutes).
✅ – Photos of speech therapy activities: Over 60 color photographs containing therapy activities using minimal pair cards – this makes therapy planning straightforward!
⭐Does the handbook include minimal pair cards? No. This handbook tells you HOW to understand, plan, and implement the minimal pairs approach. If you want a set of minimal pair cards, the Minimal Pairs Bundle Toolkit will complement this handbook.
⭐Can I purchase this to use with my clinic, with school funds, or for my speech pathology students? The Minimal Pairs Handbook is licensed for SINGLE USE only. This means that a clinic, school, or teaching institution cannot purchase one copy to share and distribute amongst colleagues and students. Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss multiple licenses.
What SLPs like you are saying:
❝ This is by far the best material I have purchased all year. It answered questions I didn’t even know I had about minimal pairs.❞
❝ This is a minimal pairs bible! A really comprehensive guide to when to use minimal pairs, which minimal pairs approach to use, and loads of therapy activity ideas to keep children motivated!❞
❝ I have been reading this since I got it, and I can safely say it is the most helpful tool I’ve ever purchased!!!!❞
❝ This handbook is so amazing! The information is given step by step so you absolutely have nothing to do but start! This handbook is a must for those that aren’t sure how to implement minimal pairs or just remember “bits and pieces” from school. Wow wow wow!❞
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Rebecca Reinking is an SLP who works privately with children who have speech sound disorders. She has a particular interest in phonological interventions and strives to connect and collaborate with speech scientists to bridge the gap between research and clinical practice.