Where to Start
Hello SLPs! You probably clicked here on an internet trawl… going from site to site to find the information that you need to get you where you want to go. While I don’t have all the answer, I hope you get something new. I’m going to summarise what you can find on my site in a quick, easy to navigate fashion, split up into Working Overseas in general and then Volunteering as they are both quite different in nature. BUT FIRST – know that if you look on the right side of my blog (maybe scroll down a little), you will see the heading ‘Categories’ and then Work & Travel. Click on it and you will see a compilation of blog posts, stories and interesting ‘what is it like’ to be an SLP overseas type stuff. That is great for late night musings. Below is where you might find some nitty-gritty information.
- I provide some background information on the Mutual Recognition Agreement (particularly useful for SLPs trained in Australia, USA, UK, NZ, Canada and Ireland) and basic Visa info.
- I list as many SLP associations that I could find to help you contact whatever country you are hoping to work in.
- Read up on my top reasons for working overseas if you’re still uhmming and ahhing.
- To get your mind focused on the ups and down and working overseas I’ve compiled what I wish I knew first about working overseas.
- A list of organisations that might be able to help you on a volunteer project.
- An account on my top reasons for volunteering.
- Prepare yourself for volunteering by reading things I wish I knew first.