Most of these mini social books are developed in response to children who I am working with. I find that my student’s really need to ‘know’ all the details about an area for them to learn and apply a social-pragmatic skill. While typical social stories have been very useful, I teach this ‘question & answer’ style as well, because these are the types of questions that they are usually thinking, but they might not be able to formulate it. Todays book is about cheating and as always, I reference how it makes other people feel so that our student’s start considering how their behaviours impact those around them.
Free Download on my TPT store
This book contains four small pages (which fit on a normal sheet of paper).For durability, just laminate and secure with a single binding ring. It addresses the following information:
- What is cheating?
- Why do people cheat?
- How does cheating make people feel?
- What happens if you are caught cheating?
- What are the different types of cheating?
- What do I say if I see someone cheating?
WHO SHOULD USE IT?
While this is a book for the entire ‘team’, this concept is probably most appropriate in the school setting.
- SLPs should have the book as a therapy teaching tool.
- Teachers and other people who work with the person can use this to support the skill in the school environment.
- Families can use this as a reference at home.
- …..and whoever the mini social book is intended for can refer to it in whatever environment they are in. The book is intended to be small for portability and discrete viewing!
If you want to find a place of all my fave Social-Pragmatic resources, follow my Pinterest page for the latest updates. More free mini Social Books in this series includes: How to greet people, When I can’t control myself, How to give compliments and When you interrupt.