G’day and welcome! I’m Rebecca Reinking and I’m an Australian Speech-Language Pathologist who has acquired extra acronyms by keeping both my Australian and American certifications (CPSP & CCC-SLP).
If you’ve come to my site it might be because you are an adventurous soul like me and want to know everything you can about working overseas…
Or you may be visiting because we have the same therapy style: year round, functional resources that let the therapist add their own flexible flair to them.
Perhaps you don’t care about anything travel or resource related and just want to read some Aussie honesty, because if there’s one thing you should know about us Aussie’s: we tell it like it is! You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org but please know that I’m not an expert in visas, graduate programs or finding you a job, I just share the information I know.
So where do the ‘adventures’ come in?
I am an Australian who has studied in Manchester, England, worked in the Australian outback as a sole therapist, completed a volunteer assignment on the islands of Samoa, delved into the diverse elementary and middle school systems in the USA and now work in Newcastle, Australia.
Follow my Instagram @adventuresinslp for a mix of amazing travel pictures (for when your mind needs to wander) and functional speech therapy ideas (for when your mind needs inspiration) – I’d love to see more wanderlust SLPs out there.
If you love a good ‘ten things about me’ list to see how similar or totally different we are…here we go!
- I have been to 51 countries (and lived in 4 different countries).
- I have 8 tattoos.
- My dream SLP job would be seeing severe speech disorders in the morning and Social Thinking® therapy in the afternoon.
- I collect crystals.
- Climbing mountains makes me happy!
- I am a twin.
- I used to have straight hair but when I turned 16 it went FULL curly.
- I write poetry and every time I travel overseas I keep a day-to-day journal.
- I love ‘Aussie slang’ and own a few Dictionaries on the subject because it just makes me laugh!
- I have a pet Lovebird, Leo and a beautiful daughter, Adelaide.
My Pinterest pinning style can be summarised as: Mostly free resources and pins, a focus on functional and year-round applications (despite the season), a bit of extra attention on speech and social and a round up SLP travel related tidbits. If this sounds like your kind of boards – be my newest Follower!
If you want to read more on what I’m passionate about, my ASHA Leader Blog articles here:
- Putting the scope back into your practice
- Believe it or not: The CCS can make your job easier
- Connecting with the curriculum
Curious about my time volunteering in Samoa? See some video snippets of my time:
Adventures in Speech Pathology is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com